Artificial Sweeteners

 

  Everyone loves  treating their pet outside of their normal food, but sometimes a harmless gesture turns into a medical emergency. Artificial sweeteners may provide an alternative to sugar for humans but can be very toxic for our furry friends. If you suspect your pet has ingested something with an artificial sweetener in it, you should contact your vet immediately. Xylitol, a fairly common artificial sweetener, is fast acting and very toxic. To prevent accidental ingestion of artificial sweeteners be sure to check the ingredients listed on the product to ensure it does not contain artificial sweeteners. 

Royal Oaks Veterinary Hospital

Located at:

2105 Hartwood Marsh Road,
Suites 1 & 2
Clermont, FL 34711

Hours:

Monday - Friday, 7:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Saturday, 7:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.